Retirement planning may be the most important financial endeavor many of our clients will face. Today the complexity involved in preparing for retirement is overwhelming: investments, insurance, employment, social security and so many other considerations make for a dizzying array of choices with no clear path to success.
That might be why 80% of survey respondents agree “the average worker cannot save enough on their own to guarantee a secure retirement” and that 55% strongly agree that the country faces a retirement crisis according to the Denver Post.
The truth is people are living longer and saving less. The majority of America is simply not prepared for retirement. But a little planning goes a long way.
That’s where we come in.
Our financial advisors are experts in navigating the complexity of retirement planning, helping clients to establish goals, create methods for pursuing those goals, and ensure progress toward them. We believe a strong retirement plan has the following characteristics:
- Clear – Your plan should not be bogged down by complex investments or complicated strategies. Instead you should be able to not only understand your plan, but explain it to your friends and neighbors.
- Actionable – Without action, a plan is just a piece of paper. Our retirement plans offer simple actionable steps that put you on the path to success.
- Flexible – What does your plan look like if you retire just as a bear market begins? Using state of the art software, we can model out specific scenarios, leaving you with unprecedented clarity and confidence about your retirement plan. We also evaluate all areas of your financial life including insurance, to help minimize your risk and keep your plan on track.
- Based on Experience – Every plan we create has years of real-world experience behind it. This means our plans have a healthy dose of real-world expectations, not “in a perfect world” type scenarios.
A comfortable retirement requires years of planning, patience, and perseverance. But the foundation begins with a plan. Together we help our clients explore what’s important to them, then craft a long-term strategy for achieving their vision of success.
Furthermore, we believe in an honest and transparent approach. Our advisors will work with you on a regular basis to ensure adequate progress is being made across all areas of your plan, from investment management to discussing the creation of wills and estate plans with your legal or tax attorney. With over 100 years of combined experience in helping clients create and execute their unique retirement plans, our advisors bring a wealth of experience to your retirement.
Specifically, we help our clients:
- Create a roadmap to their retirement and consistently measure progress toward specific milestones
- Review employer plans and make recommendations for 401(k) allocations inline with the rest of your financial plan
- Help consolidate rollovers and transfers to maximize return and minimize paperwork
- Establish a retirement date and adequately prepare for it
- Develop a cash flow plan that meets your lifestyle needs now and into the future
- Help clients understand their income sources and how each will contribute to your retirement plan
No strategy assures a profit or protects against loss.