Client Account Protection Pledge
When you invest with an advisor who affiliates with LPL, your accounts are protected with multiple levels of account security:
- Our SIPC membership provides account protection up to a maximum of $500,000 per customer, of which $250,000 may be claims for cash.*
- London Insurers provides securities protection to cover the net equity of customer accounts up to an overall aggregate firm limit of $575 million (protection is subject to terms and conditions).*
- With the multi-bank Insured Cash Account Program, deposits are eligible for up to $1.5 million of deposit insurance for individual and trust accounts and up to $3 million of deposit insurance for joint accounts, both through the FDIC.
- Insured Cash Account deposits are FDIC-insured to a maximum amount of $250,000 (including principal and accrued interest), and is aggregated with all other deposits held by you in the same recognized legal capacity at the same bank. Other investment holdings are subject to loss.
Regardless of account type or size, we ensure your accounts are well protected with a high level of account security. If you’d like more information on what our SIPC membership entails, please visit www.sipc.org for a brochure. For FDIC insurance coverage information, log on to www.fdic.gov.
* The account protection applies when an SIPC member firm fails financially and is unable to meet obligations to securities clients, but it does not protect against losses from the rise and fall in the market value of investments.