What’s important about money to you?
We truly believe that life is about more than just money. Our goal is to help our clients to live a happier, healthier and more exciting life. This begins by understanding your goals and most deeply held values. We then help you align your financial goals with your values, putting you on a path toward a “10” level of confidence that no matter what happens in the markets, you will be on your path toward prosperity.
Our Promise of Value
1 We will align your financial choices with your most important goals and your most deeply held values.
2 We will help you put your entire financial house in perfect order and keep it that way forever.
3 As a result, we want you to have a “10” level of confidence so that no matter what happens in the markets, the economy, or the world you will achieve your goals.
Delivering Our Promise of Value
- We will complete a comprehensive, written, financial plan and update it annually.
- We will design strategies to give you the best chance of acheiving your goals.
- We will invest the assets entrusted to us in an appropriate manner to acheive your goals.
- We will be transparent, honest, and tell you the truth – even when you may not want to hear it.
- We will meet regularly with you to work toward your goals, update you on progress, and to focus on the things important and meaningful to you.
- We will be available to answer your questions quickly and efficiently.
- We will always keep your values and your best interests as our primary concern.
- Financial Road Map® – A complete and thorough annual update of your Financial Roadmap (focus on client values, goals, and benchmarking of progress)
- Implementation Plan – Delivery of your updated Implementation Plan summarizing your financial plan into a simple chronological list of action steps required to create the greatest probability you will stay on-track with your financial plan over the years.
- Progress Reports – This simple summary of your assets is designed to show you the progress you are making benchmarked against the goals you have set for yourself.
- Growth Assets – “Asset Structure and Strategy” discussions with you annually. The goal of this discussion is to give you the “big picture” about your financial situation, give you a summary of the strategy going forward and also to review your Implementation Plan with you.
- Income Tax Planning – During the last two months of each year we will do serious income tax planning for you with two objectives in mind: Seek ways to reduce taxes, and… Make sure there are no “surprises” come next April.
- Income Tax Preparation Coordination – We will coordinate with your Accountant to assist in the preparation of your tax return.
- Estate Planning Coordination – We will review and coordinate updates, as necessary, to your Estate Plan with the objective of: establishing a plan for your money to make it into the next generation and to survive beyond that, and create a structure that aims to bring your heirs closer together, as opposed to many Estate Plans which create animosity and conflicts about the money after you’re gone.
- Goal Review and Notification – We commit to contacting you proactively prior to every goal date you have established to give you the “game plan” for the pursuit of each of your goals.
- Cash and Debt Management – We work with you to establish adequate cash reserves to handle financial issues that come up in life. This involves establishing a debt elimination plan (if applicable), as well as, major purchase advice.
- Insurance Review – Review every kind of insurance and: Recommend the right kinds & amounts of insurance, be sure there are no “coverage gaps” which might endanger the financial plan, and make sure you are paying the lowest amount possible for the coverage needed.
David has worked with investors for more than 20 years at trust departments, large banks, and investment companies such as Merrill Lynch, Fidelity, and Bank One. He joined Prosperion Financial Advisors in 2004.
More about David
Brannon Brown, CFP®, APMA®
Brannon is a financial advisor with LPL Financial. In addition to being a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and an Accredited Portfolio Management Advisor®, Brannon has a Master’s degree in Leadership from Denver Seminary.
Nelisha has 12 years in the financial services industry. She began her career at Edward Jones in 2004 then moved her practice to LPL in 2007 where she worked primarily out of the Coors Credit Union providing advice to their membership base.
Michelle has been working in operations with Prosperion Financial Advisors since June 2007. She enjoys working with clients as well as meeting new challenges. Outside the office, Michelle has been married since December 2005 and is mom to her beautiful teenage daughter, two Puggles and a Basset Hound. She enjoys spending time with her family, practicing yoga and just started playing the piano.
Pamela Samson is our receptionist/office manager. She is the friendly voice you hear on the other end of the telephone and is always happy to assist in any way she can. Pam handles the day to day operations of the office and can schedule any appointments you may need. Pam loves to cook, spend time with her husband, grandchildren and family, knit, sew, create specialty greeting cards, gardening, and cake decorating.
Heidi joined Prosperion in August of 2013, providing administrative support to clients. A diehard Broncos fan, she enjoys time with her family and spending her summers camping in the Rockies.
Sarah brings over 20 years experience in customer service and sales to the team. Previously she invested over 8 years working with and helping job seekers in CO. She is also a published author with her book, The Get Back To Work Book. She has two sons and enjoys cooking, crosswords, and Sarah Lee coffee cake.
Profile of Our Ideal Client
- You delegate the details of your financial life because you know there is more to life than just finances.
- You want us to help get your entire financial house in order and are willing to pay our fees to do that.
- You have strong personal values that guide your life and your decisions.
- To live those values with integrity, you are willing to live differently.
- Believing that we live in an abundant world, you like to give to family and charity.
- You are open to discuss the things that are really important, so we can help you achieve your goals and experience your ideal life.
- You value the work we do and want to refer your family and friends to us.
- You are generally positive, optimistic, fun and you enjoy life.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do you do?
Because we believe there are things in life that are more important than money, we work to ensure that every financial decision you make for the rest of your life will be completely aligned with your most important goals and your most deeply held values.
2. How do you deliver on what you promise clients?
Our job is to orchestrate the unique written plan that we help every client create. We also hold everyone involved accountable, including the client, to ensure the greatest probability that the plan does what it was designed to do.
It all starts at our first meeting with a simple conversation about what’s important. Having this experience in our first meeting, which takes about an hour, is a very good way to determine if we might be a good fit in working together. And that’s the primary issue we ponder with anyone interested in our firm – will this be a mutual good fit or not? Will we bring value to the relationship?
3. What kind of clients do you serve best?
We have a small community of clients (versus hundreds or thousands), most who live locally. We want to be convenient to our clients. We do have clients who have moved away and want to continue to receive the exceptional service we provide. We communicate with these clients via Skype, webinar or conference call.
We have a specific ideal client profile. We work with financial delegators who are passionate about their goals, appreciate advice and expertise, and are eager to implement the financial plan’s recommendations. The clients we serve best have between $500,000 and $10,000,000 of investable assets.
4. Why should I work with you (rather than other advisors)?
It depends (let’s not get ahead of ourselves). At this stage, it’s not about whether we do business together or not. Our process is focused on establishing whether there will be a good fit in working together. If we both agree that there is… then great. If not… our process is designed to give you clarity about your situation. So even if there’s not a fit, we will have added value and direction for you.
5. What makes you think I would be a good client?
If the elements of our Ideal Client Profile and the process we follow resonate with you, then you will enjoy the journey. Candidly, neither of us will know for 12 to 18 months whether or not there is truly a good fit. In the meantime, we assure you that you will have an experience that is offered by very few financial advisor teams.
6. How can I be certain I can trust you (your firm)?
Trust is an interesting thing… it is both earned and given. It’s not only a requirement of a meaningful business relationship, but any relationship.
Our firm was built largely by referral. Our Ideal Client Community is responsible for building the great relationships we have.
The highest purpose of our initial meeting is to determine if it will be a good fit for us to work together or not. If after an hour, it seems as though things should move forward, it will be obvious to both of us. If things are not going well, it should also be obvious. Our process is designed to determine if we can establish a relationship where there is mutual trust and value in moving forward together.