If we were meeting 3 years from today, what has to happen for you to be happy with your progress?
The R-Factor Question® is the first and most important question we ask our clients. It is the first of many we use to learn more about you – from the dangers that keep you up at night to the opportunities that make you jump out of bed in the morning. Our goal is to understand your story.
We live in a world of confusion, isolation, and complexity. Our goal is to provide leadership, relationship, clarity and confidence for our clients making a positive impact on their financial lives and most importantly their personal lives. We offer unbiased, independent investment advice, and engage clients in a unique approach, based on the following steps:
- Engage in a conversation to define goals, dangers, opportunities, and strengths
- Present a comprehensive and clear plan to get you on the path toward prosperity
- Design an intentional and custom portfolio that compliments your needs
- Implement the comprehensive plan into action
- Continuously monitor all aspects of your evolving financial life
- Provide best-in-class service for the life of our relationship
Our planning philosophy embraces the following principles that enhance and guide you to achieving your goals:
- Only write on the back of checks – Aim to position yourself so that you have no debt, mortgages, loans or obligations. You can weather any storm when you don’t owe anyone anything.
- Have a comfortable budget, and live within the budget – Establish a lifestyle you want, and live within the means of your lifestyle.
- Have an income strategy to provide for your budget – draw earnings from your employment, portfolio, or other means to satisfy your budget.
- Diversify with quality – Diversify your financial as well as your real property assets. Your assets should be intentional and complement each other to provide the comfort and lifestyle you desire.
The R-Factor Question® is a registered trademark, protected by copyright and an integral concept of The Strategic Coach, Inc. All rights reserved. Used with written permission. www.strategiccoach.com
We want to be intentional, effective, and efficient. Our relationship begins with five definitive steps to get on the track toward prosperity.
1Initiate – We start with a clear conversation outlining your goals, objectives, and expectations. This complimentary first step allows us to establish an initial relationship and develop a connection.
2Interview – Our goal during this personal meeting is to deepen our relationship and develop a better understanding of you. We ask questions designed to inspire you to think about your past, present, and future. We work to understand the simplicities and complexities of your finances and outline how we can help.
3Design – In our Game Plan Presentation we offer our formal recommendations where we detail the steps necessary to put you on the path toward Prosperity. We specialize in creating concise, intentional, and comprehensive plans specifically tailored to your individual needs.
4Implement – If you decide to advance with the Game Plan, we instigate the process to put your plan to work. Our staff works efficiently to assure a seamless transition as we implement your plan.
5Review – Your life is always changing and your needs will vary. Thankfully, our plan for you is dynamic and will adapt to any variation in your life. We will continue to review your progress and ensure your goals are in sight as your life evolves.
Steve started his investment career in 1978 with the NYSE investment firm EF Hutton, working in the environment of a large investment company. Desiring to provide clients with unbiased investment advice, he founded Prosperion Financial Advisors.
John started his investment career in 2012 after graduating from Colorado State University with a bachelor’s degree in Financial Planning. His desire is to provide care and guidance for individuals and families through all aspects of their financial life.
Nan has been with Prosperion Financial Advisors since its inception in 1996. She loves what she does, cares about the details and it gives her great satisfaction to provide value to the clients. Her credentials include Series 7 and 63 securities registrations held with LPL Financial.
Kathy has been with Prosperion since 1996 (she’s worked with Steve Booren since 1988). Her tasks include operational support for clients and Prosperion’s staff. Kathy lives in Aurora with her husband, Richard, and her furry daughter Allie (4.5 pounds of long haired Chihuahua). She enjoys time with family, cooking, gardening, reading and scrapbooking.
Suzy has been with Prosperion since September 1999. She loves her job, especially working with all of the clients and with the team. She grew up in Salt Lake City, Utah and moved to Denver in 1979 after graduating from college. She married her husband, John, in 1981. They have two children, Andrea and J.J., and a new son-in-law, Andrew. She enjoys reading, working out and gatherings with family and friends.
Our Ideal Client
In order to best serve our clients and ensure our focus remains on their individual needs, we choose to work with a limited number of ideal clients. In limiting the number of clients we have, we are able to provide exceptional comprehensive service to each family and individual we work with.
We specialize in working with Ideal Clients who:
- Are delegators, allowing us to earn their trust, will follow our advice, and let us do what we do best
- Have a fun, positive outlook of abundance and progress
- Understand the value and importance of an advisor
- Families seeking to plan, retain and preserve their financial assets
- Successful professionals and entrepreneurs both working and retired
- Individuals with $250,000 to $10 million of investable assets
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I work with you rather than other advisors?
Your financial situation is as unique and sometimes as complex as your fingerprint. We believe you shouldn’t have a “peanut butter portfolio” where you’re categorized with hundreds of other individuals and families. We believe you should never be pressured or sold a company specific product that doesn’t align with your financial needs.
That’s why we’re independent. This allows us to offer all the various strategies without being tied to any specific proprietary product or company. We don’t have company commissions or sales goals. Instead, we believe the best investments for you are the ones that fit your needs specifically.
How do I know you’re good?
Our business grows almost exclusively through client referrals. We treat our clients with utmost care and attention. Clients tend to share their experiences with friends and family, though we never ask for referrals. Our goals are to make your goals become an attainable reality. If we didn’t live out our principles everyday for our clients, our business would cease to grow.
How are you paid?
We want to be open and transparent with our fees. We operate using an advisory fee based on a percentage of the total investment amount we manage. As account values increase, the advisory fee percentage decreases. Fees are billed quarterly and automatically deducted from the accounts.
For new clients exclusively seeking financial planning advice, we charge a $500 planning fee. This covers the time and energy we invest in reviewing all your detailed information and preparing the Game Plan. The fee is billed following our Game Plan Presentation meeting unless the clients choose to engage in a relationship and implement our recommendations, in which case we wave the $500 fee entirely.
How long is the process to become a client?
The process to become a client can vary. Typically, from our first interaction to implementing your individual plan takes roughly a month. However, the process may be longer or shorter depending on your individual needs. Regardless of timing, the most important aspect is that we have a complete understanding of your specific situation and the areas where we can serve you.
Our team has contributed to and been featured in several media and news outlets across Colorado and the nation. Here is a list of some of the places you might recognize us from.
- Five-star Professional Advisor, 2010, 2011, 2012
- 2011 Top Advisor Rankings #7, Barron’s February 22, 2011.
- Top 100 Independent Financial Advisors #75, Barron’s August 18th, 2008
- Registered Rep Top 50 Independent Advisor (#36), Fortune Magazine, March 31 2008
- Top 5 Advisor (#4), Denver Business Journal, Feb. 23, 2007
- Top 100 Independent Financial Advisors #48, Barron’s 2007
- Denver Business Journal Top 20 Wealth Advisors #2, 2007
- Registered Representative Magazine – Outstanding Broker Award, May 2000
- Research Magazine Broker Hall of Fame, 1999
- Featured Writer, The Colorado Springs Business Journal, July 6th, 2001, August 14th, 1998
- Cover – Research Magazine, June 1997
- Denver Business Journal Columnist “Financial Page: Managing Money” 1994, 1995
- Featured Writer, The Beacon Review, July 9th, 1993
- Featured Writer, The Vail Trail, March 24, 1995, July 9th 1993
- Featured Writer, The Denver Business Journal, Sept. 11 1992.
- Featured Writer, The Family Business, Unknown.
- Featured Writer, Vail Daily, December 8th, 1991
- Featured Writer, Denver Business, August 1991, October 1991,
- Subject of article “Conservative Broker, ironically, thrives on excitement“, Denver Business Journal, June 13th 1988